Sunday, January 4, 2015

3 Things You Need To Have in Your Home - and a sneak peak at my new apartment!

Hi Beauties!

I haven't been able to blog that much due to work and the holidays. Now ring in the New Year - I made a promise to myself that I will publish a blog at least twice a week! With that being said, I have been recovering from a herniated disc the last few months. Yesterday, New York finally decided to snow, after having such a dry or rainy season. I live on a really big hill and needless to say I slipped, fell and back to the hospital I went. Ugh!!! Do NOT wear UGGs in the snow or in slippery conditions .. I can almost guarantee you will bust your ass.

On to the blog post ... I just moved in to my new apartment and I am in love. It took forever to get here but it finally happened. Besides beauty and fashion I love to decorate. I believe having an a home decorated and organized can make you feel so relaxed. I also love scents - candles are my favorite because of the soothing glow that emits fragrance into the air. Below are three things that I think should be in your home that are in mine!

A Cozy Comforter
You should get into bed and feel so comfortable that you don't want to get out in the morning! Although you have to unless you want to be homeless because life - well we won't get into all of that. Let me give you a word of advice .. your bed should never have anything else on it other than pillows, comforter, sheets, your dog, etc. Don't ever take off your clothes and put it on your bed - or my biggest pet peeve, putting a purse or shoes on a bed. Your bed should be clean - sheets washed once a week!!! I could go on and on. I haven't bought my new mattress yet, but this is the bed set I bought for my room. Doesn't it look so comfy?!



A Buddha Statue Candle Holder
Okay this is a necessity for me! It brings me so much zen. This candle holder is also the statue of a Buddha which is known for protection, relaxation, and warding off negative energy. I have the candle Marshmallow Fireside from Bath and Body Works which is a really warming scent for me.


 I bought my Buddha candle holder from Party Lite about 6 months ago and it has been discontinued. But you can find one similar here!
Find the Marshmallow Fireside Candle Here! - on sale now for $10 that is 55% off!!

Memory Foam Bath Mats
I can not stand the feeling of a wet floor when I get out of the shower. I love stepping out onto my new memory foam mats. I got them from Home Goods for FREE! haha I had a gift certificate from Christmas so I didn't pay a dollar.


As you know Home Goods is inconsistent with product and not available online so I found a similar one here! P.S. isn't my shower curtain so chic!

I hope you all will implement at least one of these into your home! I promise you will love it! On that note - goodnight I'm going to watch tv next to Buddha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment