Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Top 3 Sunless Tanner - Self Tanner Picks!

In New York the weather has been so up and down - one day 90 and sunny the next 70 and raining. With the hectic lives that we all live just to pay our bills who honestly has time to sit in the sun for hours upon hours trying to get that perfect glow? Solution - Sunless Tanner.

Benefits of sunless tanning -  won't damage the skin or cause wrinkles, UVA/UBA free, look thinner, and gives confidence.

I have been an avid user of self tanners since I was 16 years old .. so after 10 years I guess you could call me an expert. I also was a spray tanning technician for a few years. In my younger (more stupid) years I also used to go in a tanning bed everyday for a few years. Now I am paying for it and have had multiple pieces of skin taken off, let's be real ... actually cut out, that were pre-cancerous. The picture below was one of those times ...

So I promised my Mom, who has always worked for Oncologists, that I wouldn't go indoor tanning and haven't in a few years. So let's be clear ... my skin is basically ... well clear. I am being dramatic but I am pale, very pale. I have tried EVERY self tanner there is out there. The 3 I am going to share are the best of the best (in America.) I gave you a choice of a spray, a mousse, and a cream depending on your preference. 

#1 Quick Tan by Body Drench Spray in Medium to Dark


I recommend using this outdoors because of the mist that it causes. However, I spray myself in my shower. It creates a bit of a mess but it is well worth it. It gives you the most dark, natural, rich tan. It is my absolute favorite for the face. Did I mention it has a Cocoa Vanilla Scent and doesn't smell like self tanner at all. It can be tricky to spray your back or the back of your legs so you might need some assistance. The trick is to hold the can 6-8 inches away from the targeted area and stay in a constant motion. The photo below was the Quick Tan Spray on my arm and the Quick Tan Cream on my leg .. you can see how perfect and different the two are! This was after one application on my very pale skin.

This product is a little hard to find but you can find it online, Harmon's, or CosmoProf. Around $15 Overall Product rating: 10

#2 St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse


This product is my second favorite! It applies as a dark mousse so you know where you have placed the product and where you need to still apply. It is literally fool proof. It also has a very dark, rich color that lasts me about 5-7 days. It dries completely in around 60 seconds. The innovative Aromaguard™ fragrance technology eliminates the tell-tale self tan aroma by a minimum of 70%. You can find this product at Sephora for $32. I scored this product a little lower just because of the amount of tanner I go through it is pricey.
Overall Product Rating: 9

#3 Coppertone Sunless Tanning - Gradual Tan Cream

I love love love this self tanner! It has a similar smell to the other Coppertone products which I love. In just one application you will achieve a beautiful golden glow. This product also contains moisturizers, because it's a cream, that the other two don't so it actually helps lengthen the life of your tan. The only downfall is that it goes on clear so you just have to pay attention as to where you need to apply. It is absolutely not streaky at all!!! You can find this at any drugstore or Wal-Mart for around $8
Overall Product Rating: 9

I hope this list will help you get the color that you are looking for. I will have another post soon about how to prep and maintain your sunless tanning. 


This meme is literally me.



No comments:

Post a Comment